3 Hour Course - FIRST stands for “Firearm Instruction, Responsibility, and Safety Training”, a program the NRA developed to meet the need for a firearms orientation program for new gun purchasers. This FIRST Steps program is a basic courses abbreviated to the most fundamental shooting skills, and the specifics of a particular model of pistol. This course, because of its narrow focus, can be completed as quickly as three hours. Students will get the NRA's The Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook and quick practical lessons on the safe use, cleaning, and storage of their pistol. The practical exercise covers a single pistol shooting position. As the number of participants or pistol types present increases, the course will take proportionally longer.
NRA FIRST Steps Pistol (Call Us For Details)
Please bring the following to class:
• Positive Attitude & Willingnessto Learn while having Fun!
• A Handgun (No Magnum Calibers please) (UNLESS RENTED)
• 50 Rounds of ammunition (i.e. a Box) (UNLESS RENTED)
• Eye and Ear Protection
• Pen & Notebook
• Range Appropriate Clothing (Be prepared for dirt, mud and rain) Please avoid low cut or loose tops/shirts as hot brass could potentially burn your skin.
Your admission cost includes:
• Bottles of water
• Cost of Instruction
• Cost of Range Time/Fee's
• Transportation to Range (optional)
• NRA Course Packet
- NRA Course Completion Certificate